Monday, April 21, 2008

21K - DONE!

Yesterday I ran my first 21k Race in Monterrey. About 3,000 runners. I had a target time of 2hr 17min (6:30 min/km pace) and managed to do way better finishing in 2hr 03 min! At the start of the race I repeated myself that I needed a slow pace to finish the race and not get too excited and run fast at the beginning and then feel the need to slow down. So I managed myself to run a good confortable pace and ran the first 10 kms at a 6:00 pace and the last 11 kms picked up a pace of 5:44! Drank lots of water througout the race, and two gels (one at the start and the other at half race)

I feel very satisfied with my first half-marathon. Feeling my legs a little tired, but nothing serious, except for a sore toe in my left foot (which I had since two weeks ago).

My plans for the next two weeks are to slow down in my running and run less distance. I will try to do more mountain biking so the sore can go away.

Next Sunday I'll be racing a 40km Mountain Bike Marathon.

No comments: