Monday, March 3, 2008

Guitarritas Mountain Bike and 16K Run

Saturday was a cross-training day and went out mountain biking with my brother Andres to Guitarritas Canyon (15km away from the entrance to Huasteca Canyon Park); great place with beautiful scenery. 30 kms through rocky terrain at an easy pace with some rests.

Sunday was a 16k run to Huasteca Canyon (my longest yet!). Pretty flat run with a slight uphill the first 8 kms and slight downhill on the way back. I was still feeling my left leg a little sore, but it become less and less and then it became absent as I ran more kilometers! I ran the 16k in 1:36:00 (6:00 min/km pace). When I finished the run, I felt that I could go on running some more kilometers, but decided to stick with the FURMAN plan to prevent any injuries.

Today, my left leg is still hurting slightly when I walk, but I think it is now disappearing (hopefully, as this sunday is my 10K race).

No comments: